Electro-conductive & Antibacterial Material for Endodontic Treatment
- Medical Devices
- Reference No.
- The primary endodontic treatment consists of a root canal. These procedures may be performed by general dentists
- Globally, between 50 million and 55 million root canal procedures are performed annually, with approximately 20 million performed in the U.S.
- Complication of the procedures: infection and incomplete sealing of the root canal system due to the filling material mechanical property and radiopacity.
- In 2014, market of dental filling materials was US$4131M. Expected market in 2019 is US$4815M.
- This technology improves the thermal conductivity of the material to have better control on filling the canal
- It is possible to ensure the root canal is properly filled with new materials
- Anti-bacterial material prevents new infection after treatment
Stage of Development
- Composition defined
- Refinement of the manufacturing process is required
New type of composite with gutta-percha.
- New root canal treatment tool kit
- OEM for gutta-percha distributors
- Patents in China, USA, and Europe (Priority Date: 2016/10/06)
- CN 201680089890.5
- US 16/339,961
- EP 16918132.8